I was really shocked that I fell in love with the Joey, only because I was fearful that it would move around too much. But honestly, it is so comfortable, cute, good for multiple different uses, and easy. I would say that the pin it comes with is not my favourite and I wish there was a better way to secure things, but that is the only downside for me. Sometimes complex gender gear is overwhelming and makes me feel unnatural, but this does not. Really love it!
Easy to use. Easy to clean. Can be repositioned to fit different underwear, etc. Like that it comes in different cute patterns.
I bought the Get Your Joey Packing Pouch for use with the Fleshlight Mr Limpy X-Small. It fits well and holds this packer securely and naturally in a position that's lovely and visible in my underwear, but discreet in my trousers. I find it easy to load the packer into the pouch using the company's recommended method. (Turning the pouch inside out, positioning the packer, then turning the pouch right side out again.)
The fabric that's against the skin is soft and comfortable -- what I'm finding so far is that I feel my packer sitting in place, but I don't really feel the Joey pouch itself because it's so comfortable. The decorative fabric on the side that faces away from the body is a stiffer texture. I really like the whimsical design options, and am happy with the unicorn design of my pouch!
I had trouble wrangling the safety pin the first time, but after a couple of times I am finding it easy to poke it through the pouch and my underwear. It's the kind that won't come undone by itself, so I'm not worried about getting poked if I'm bending and twisting. (Note: If you're concerned about poking holes through your underwear, you may be interested in looking at the New York Toy Collective's packing pouch. It has a magnet closure.)
These are machine washable, but they're also super-easy to hand wash in the sink, and they hang dry quickly.
Now that I know I like these, I am planning to buy additional Joey pouches.
I have been using the classic joey with the archer packer (regular/large size) and I’m very happy with it. The only thing is that the plastic part of the safety pin broke after only 2 months of daily use. This can easily be replaced though so it’s not a big deal. Would definitely recommend!
So: the concept is great. But I personally think it needs a bit of work. Here's why:
- The pouch is too narrow. Most regular sized packers CAN fit into it, but it's a really tight squeeze and tbh the time it takes to jam them in means that I end up never using it.
- The cotton fabric on the front is a bit too stiff and thick. It creates a slightly awkward shape in certain pants/shorts, and definitely in underwear. If the whole pouch was made of a thinner, stretchier fabric, I think this would remedy both this issue and the issue above (narrowness).
- The safety pins are way too thick. They make unnecessarily huge holes in my expensive boxer brief waistbands, which end up fraying over time.
- The safety pins are blunt and dull. I've had to file all 3 pins I've received down to sharp points in order for them to pierce fabric without ripping it.
- The weight of most packers when pinned to underwear or looser pants will pull the front of your garment down. In tighter fitting pants this isn't an issue, but in pajama pants or loose short for example, I definitely can't wear my Joey. If the company sold a snug waistband harness sewn in a circle designed for the Joey to be pinned to, I think this would fix the problem! Then I could wear my Joey under my baggy ass PJ pants. Lol.
What this pouch IS great for is for absorbing all the oil that the cyberskin style packers (like Mr. Limpy) secrete. This way you don't end up staining and ruining your nice pants.